Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Week 4

Remember the old mystery gang? The all-star crew of super sleuths? Do Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, Fred or Scooby-Doo ring a bell? I'm sure they do and it may sound cliché but its their teamwork that solved what I thought to be unsolvable. Alone, these characters represent stereotypical teenagers. There's then jock, the pretty girl, the nerd, the stoner, and the little dog too. Much like these crime fighting good doers, I play my part in solving cases. These aren't the kind of cases you're probably thinking . We don't find bank robbers or missing people. The district office solves the mystery of the federal government.

In Mr. Franks office, each employee has a role in solving cases, just like the TV show. For example, the chief of staff is the Fred of the workplace. He's the man in charge and tells the gang how to "split up" just like in the show. He divides the employees up into different specialties like Social security, Veteran's affairs, or immigration. In contrast to popular belief, the congressman does not deal directly with the cases. For example, many call in asking the congressman to solve all their problems directly and some have refused to speak to anyone besides the congressman. What many don't understand is that the congressman is often in Washington writing and voting on legislation rather than making sure Jane Doe gets her 2014 Tax Return. In the midst of all this case work, I'm the Scooby-Doo of the office. My words on the phone aren't the most coherent and I don't have much expertise when it comes to casework but I sure love snacks. As an intern in high school, there's not a whole lot I can do to solve cases but like  Scooby-Doo I act as a cushion the office can lean on. As the first voice constituents hear when they call into the office, I'm the glimmer of light at the end of a dark hall, the shimmer of hope that insures them that their case can be solved. In other words, I'm just a pup surrounded by the experts. Ruh-Roh.

No comments:

Post a Comment